Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Zoo Theme

I knew as soon as Bray was old enough, I would try to do as much as possible to make learning fun for him. Plus I used to work in a preschool, and I find myself aching to do those little art projects, finger paining, and circle time! I miss it all so much that I've been on the edge of my seat waiting to make some kind of mini-preschool experience here at home for the kids. We've done little things here and there for holidays but a few weeks ago was our first actual themed week. It was going well until Bray got sick Wednesday afternoon. So we didn't get to do as much as I hoped but once he got sick, I put on Madagascar to at least try to keep with it.

This was my first time creating a muffin tin meal, and my son was THRILLED!
  1. Top Left: Peanut butter sand, apple trees, and rhino animal cracker. (I was hoping to use pudding or yogurt, but the PB was more stable for the trees)
  2. Then our little elephant has Nutter Butter Mini Cookies and some peanuts
  3. Monkey food (bananas)
  4. The panda is a Ritz cracker with cream cheese & olives. I love him, but wouldn't dare to take credit away from the uber amazing Muffin Tin Mom herself! I saw the panda on her blog and couldn't resist for zoo week 
  5. Grilled cheese sandwich cut in a circle and extra cheese for details
  6. Bear crackers
Here was the one craft we got to do, which really isn't a bad thing considering he is only two. I don't want him to feel overwhelmed starting out. I didn't have any plain paper plates, only small yellow ones, and it actually worked out well for us. Icut fring around the edge for the lion's mane and cut the center out of another one and Bray painted the back orange. After it dried I put the glue on and he placed everything else on :)


No comments:

Post a Comment